Welcome to Hangover Power Hour! For the next 60 minutes, every site in the Eater universe will be focusing obsessively on that beast of all beasts, the hangover. Here at Eater Minneapolis, we've got five of your favorite bartenders—from Marvel Bar, Eat Street Social, Café Maude, Bradstreet Crafthouse, and The Strip Club—with their personal favorite hangover cures. But also check out Eater National, which will be live-blogging all the sites and their tips to help you up your hangover game.
· Pip Hanson, Marvel Bar:
Hangover cure (in order):
1. Soda water treated with bitters until it resembles Coca-Cola.
2. Bowl of something tasty, involving eggs, potatoes, and spice.
4. Nap (optional, but recommended)
· Nick Kosevich, Eat Street Social:
You take half an avocado and 8 ounces of orange juice, and you blend that in a blender. It works.
· Adam Harness, Café Maude & Café Maude at Loring:
I usually go for a kale shake with ginger, coconut water, banana, oranges, and ice. It is also an amazing morning drink even without the hangover.
· Dan Oskey, The Strip Club Meat & Fish:
A shot of Jameson and some hot tea. Put a little bit of honey and a squeeze of lemon into your hot tea, caffeinated, and a little shot of Jameson on the side. Take them separately, Jameson first.
· Jourdan Gomez, Bradstreet Crafthouse (and Pouring Ribbons in New York):
Generally I prefer to sleep in with a big glass full of water next to my bedside. After I rise in disgust, I like to enjoy a homemade michelada according to this recipe:
- Celery Salt, for rimming the glasses
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice, rinds reserved
- 1 1/2 cups light Mexican beer, such as Sol, Tecate or Corona
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- 1 teaspoon Maggi or soy sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper, for garnish
After all is prepared add to pitcher and serve in a pint glass with ice and salted rim.
· All Marvel Bar Coverage [Eater MPLS]
· All Eat Street Social Coverage [Eater MPLS]
· All Bradstreet Crafthouse Coverage [Eater MPLS]
· All Café Maude at Loring Coverage [Eater MPLS]
· All Strip Club Meat & Fish Coverage [Eater MPLS]