As if a burger and a beer weren't already the perfect pairing, national chain Smashburger has partnered with beloved local brewery Summit to create a burger and beer pairing menu, which debuts in Minnesota Smashburgers today. Smashburger founder Tom Ryan and Summit head brewer Damian McConn hand-picked the pairings in what was surely an arduous process of eating lots of burgers and drinking lots of beer.
The pairing menu includes six of the best-known Summit brews, chosen to best-complement their hamburger (and chicken sandwich) partners. Smashburger has launched similar beer-and-burger pairing menus in several of its other regional markets, always partnering with a local craft brewer.
The pairing menu options:
1. Classic Smashburger + Extra Pale Ale
2. Mushroom Swiss Burger + Great Northern Porter
3. BBQ Bacon and Cheddar Burger + Horizon Red Ale
4. Avocado Club Burger + Pilsener
5. Twin Cities Burger + Extra Pale Ale
6. Spicy Baja Burger + Sága IPA
7. Cucumber & Goat Cheese Chicken Sandwich + Pilsener
8. Crispy Buffalo Chicken Sandwich + India Pale Ale