The polar vortex has hit and we are approaching Mars-like temps. In response, many restaurants are closed for the day, though a surprising number of hearty spots are still open (and some offering specials). Here's a list of restaurants and bars that are closed for the day, or closing early, according to their Twitter feeds. The post will updated as we hear of more closings (or let us know about a day-long close in the comments).
· Foxy Falafel
· The Buttered Tin
· Victory 44
· A Cupcake Social
· Triple Rock
· Rincón 38
· La Belle Vie
· The Left Handed Cook/The Rabbit Hole
· Borough (but Parlour is open)
· Sea Change
· Butcher & the Boar
· Lake & Irving
· 7 Steakhouse
· Hazel's Northeast, closing at 11:30 a.m.
· Barrio Lowertown, closing at 5 p.m.
· Barrio Minneapolis, closing at 2 p.m.
· All Coldpocalypse Coverage [Eater MPLS]