The countdown to the Great Minnesota Get Together is in full force. We are days from the 2014 Minnesota State Fair. Every year, for twelve days, it feels like the entire state's population converges on a stretch of land in St. Paul to ogle each other and the livestock— and consume copious amounts of fried food both on and off a stick. Here, now, the annual ramp up to the frenzy of new foods. There are four (pretty insane) options worth fighting the crowds for.
- Robbinsdale EOS Dining Hall will be serving up peanut butter and jelly French Toast. The dish was inspired by one picky eater. Just try to find anyone to turn their nose up at this dish.
- Jell-O salad, just like Mom never made. There's actually no Jell-O inside the ice cream, instead it's flavored with lime, cherries and marshmallow fluff that gives it and extra unctuous mouthfeel. Find these Izzy's Ice Cream scoops inside the Hamline Chur
- The majestic deep fried lobster on a stick is from the spanking new Lulu's building by the transit hub that has replaced Heritage Square. The owners also operate the Lucky's 13 restaurants and now their way around a fryer. Doughnut like fluffy exterior ke
- Green Mill's Pizza Tots are part hash brown part pizza. Mozzarella cheese is mixed with crispy-fried, shredded potatoes, pepperoni and then it's tossed in dry seasonings, Parmesan cheese powder and served alongside tomato pizza sauce.
· All Coverage of the Minnesota State Fair [-EMPLS-]