Last week, we asked what closed Twin Cities restaurants you, the readers, miss the most. The answers came pouring in, through the comments and the tipline, making it our most popular open thread yet.
Here, mapped, are the 13 most-missed places that commenters left their fond remembrances of AND that we could find addresses for (the long-departed are not so always so easy to track down). Listed below the map are the other 13 restaurants that got shout outs, making for a total of the 26 most missed restaurants in the Twin Cities. RIP.
Do you want to add another beloved departed restaurant to the list? Let us know in the comments.
13 More Missed Restaurants
· Town Talk Diner: "couldn't believe it ever closed"
· "The REAL Figlio's"
· D'Amico Cucina
· Zander Cafe
· "The original Fuji Ya (back when it was located in the Mill District, overlooking the Mississippi River)"
· "Cafe Brenda!"
· Big E's: "for everything, but mostly the crawfish étouffé"
· Cafe Havana: "for the ambiance"
· Chet's Taverna: "enough said" & "I really miss this place"
· Nick & Eddie
· Pickled Parrot
· Jimmy's Lemon Tree
· "Curry Leaf Deli in St. Paul, on Grand, where Everest is now. They made amazing food."